Thank you for your interest in the Center for Advancing Health. CFAH does not provide medical advice or consultation. If you are in need of medical advice, please contact your physician or local medical facility.
Center for Advancing Health
2000 Florida Avenue NW, Suite 210
Washington, DC 20009-1231
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR individual staff contacts
Directions to the Center for Advancing Health
For directions using Google Maps, click here.
The Center for Advancing Health is located on the second floor of the American Geophysical Union Building.
From the South
- Take I-95 North to I-395. Continue on I-395 to Exit for U.S. Route 1 (14th Street).
- Exit at 14th Street, continue North to "R" Street, NW.
- Left on "R" Street. Continue west to Connecticut Avenue, NW.
- Right on Connecticut Avenue. Continue north two blocks to Florida Avenue.
- Right on Florida Avenue. American Geophysical Union Building is 1/2 block on the right at the corner of 20th & Florida Avenue.
From the North
- Take I-95 South to Capital Beltway. Head west on Capital Beltway to Exit 31.
- Continue south at exit on Georgia Avenue.
- The road splits into Georgia Avenue and 16th Street. Bear right to 16th Street.
- Continue south on 16th Street to Florida Avenue NW. Turn right on Florida Avenue.
- Continue west on Florida Avenue to the 2000 block. American Geophysical Union Building is at the corner of 20th and Florida Avenue.
- Take I-270 South to the Capital Beltway. Head east to Exit 31. Follow the above directions "From the North.
- Continue east on I-66 to Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Bridge. This places you on Constitution Avenue.
- Take a left on 18th Street, NW and head north. Continue north to Connecticut Avenue.
- Turn left (North) on Connecticut Avenue to Florida Avenue
- Right on Florida Avenue. American Geophysical Union Building is 1/2 block on the right at the corner of 20th and Florida Avenue.
From Baltimore Washington Parkway
- Exit Baltimore Washington Parkway at the Capital Beltway. Continue west to Exit 31.
- Follow the above directions "From the North."
Directions from Metro
- Red Line to Dupont Circle
- Take the "Q" Street/North Metro exit of the Dupont Circle station.
- Walk a short distance north on 20th Street.
- Bear left on Connecticut Avenue.
- Walk a short distance north on Connecticut Avenue
- Turn right on R Street, NW.
- Walk a short distance east on R Street.
- Turn left on 20th Street.
- Walk approx. 1 block north on 20th Street. on three blocks to Florida Avenue.
On the street parking in the area is very limited. The Atlantic parking garage is directly across the street from our main entrance.
The Center for Advancing Health works to increase people's engagement in their health care.
All Americans act to fully benefit from their health care.
Work with policy makers, clinicians, and communities to more effectively support people's engagement in their health care.
Produce and disseminate research news stories that people can use to inform decisions about their health and health care.
Offer Be a Prepared Patient resources to help people find good health care and make the most of it.
Since it was founded in 1992, the Center for Advancing Health has aimed to increase people's engagement in their health and health care.
While advances in medical knowledge have been responsible for steady increases in the length and quality of life of Americans, the potential of health care to improve individual and population health in the future rests increasingly in the hands of individuals. Whether we are sick or well, we will not benefit from the expertise of health professionals and the technologies they deploy unless we participate actively and knowledgably in our own care. More